Staff Accountant | Austin, TX or Houston, TX
Retail Solutions is currently seeking a Staff Accountant for our Austin or Houston office. The Staff Accountant will oversee: budget preparations; cash flow management, pay bills and maintain ledgers; prepare invoices for approval; code payables for accounts payable and receivable entries; make bank deposits and receipts of money; reconcile bank accounts and credit cards; assist in processing payroll and payroll reports; and create and maintain multiple reports for the firm.
This role requires a candidate who is sharp-minded, eager to learn, takes ownership of their assignments, and is a pleasure to work alongside.
- Manage company cash flow and budgets, providing estimates/reports to outline the cash inflow and outflow at any given time.
- Oversee and manage accounts receivable process, including invoicing and aging of commission and miscellaneous payments.
- Oversee and manage the accounts payable process, including vendor ledgers and draws/advances.
- Assist with bi-weekly payroll and code salaries to correct general ledger accounts.
- Prepare journal entries, reviews, reconciles and analyzes general ledger accounts providing reports to management.
- Manage and reconcile credit card accounts, reviewing receipts promptly to ensure accurate classification of expenses, and making payments on time.
- Perform routine reconciliation of multiple bank accounts efficiently and accurately Prepare balance sheets, income statements, cash flow statements, ad hoc reports, and other financial accounting statements.
- Develop or assist with developing procedures to improve accounting policies, segregation of duties, and departmental workflows.
- Prepare and gather sales tax data for out of state market(s).
- Manage and cross-train accounting clerk to provide support on critical job functions.
- Collaborate with staff to resolve matters relating to financial reporting and audit processes.
- Provide as-needed support to Broker and Administration teams with regards to accounting queries.
- Run month-end, quarterly, and fiscal year-end close, in addition to 1099 preparation/distributions, and other duties as needed.
- 3-5 years of related Accounting experience required.
- Intermediate to advanced knowledge of QuickBooks desktop required.
- Bachelor’s degree in Accounting or Finance preferred.
- Self-motivated with the ability to effectively communicate both verbally and in writing.
- Effectively using organization and planning skills with attention to detail and follow-through.
- Ability to handle multiple priorities and to set and meet deadlines.
- An analytical mind with problem-solving aptitude.
- Creative self-starter who is comfortable with both taking initiative and working in collaboration.
- Ability to provide efficient, timely, reliable, and courteous service to customers, vendors, and brokers.
- Effectively using interpersonal and communications skills, including tact and diplomacy.
- Maintain confidentiality of work-related information and materials.
- Ability to multi-task, prioritize, and be flexible with changing business needs in a team environment.
- Inherent motivation to succeed and improve existing processes.
- Proficient in MS Office Applications (Word, Excel, and PowerPoint).
- Medical insurance – 50% employer-paid
- Vision insurance – 50 % employer-paid
- Dental insurance – 50% employer-paid
- Long Term Disability – 100% employer-paid
- Dependent Care Plan
- Paid Holidays
- Paid Time Off (3-4 weeks per year – tiered plan)