Market Research & Analytics Intern | Austin, TX
The Market Research and Analytics Intern is responsible for providing research and analytic support to the Market Research and Analytics team.
Responsibilities and Duties
- Provide research support and assistance to the brokerage and administrative team.
- Research and collect market information regarding the commercial real estate market.
- Prepare reports of findings, illustrating data graphically and translating complex findings into written text.
- Seek and provide information to help companies determine their position in the marketplace.
- Gather data on competitors and analyze their prices, sales, and method of marketing and distribution.
- Collect and analyze data on customer demographics, preferences, needs, and buying habits to identify potential markets and factors affecting product demand.
- Devise and evaluate methods and procedures for collecting data, such as surveys, opinion polls, or questionnaires, or arrange to obtain existing data.
- Monitor industry statistics and follow trends in trade literature.
- Measure and assess customer and employee satisfaction.
- Measure the effectiveness of marketing, advertising, and communications programs and strategies.
- Forecast and track marketing and sales trends, analyzing collected data.
- Conduct research on consumer opinions and marketing strategies, collaborating with marketing professionals, statisticians, pollsters, and other professionals.
- Develop and implement procedures for identifying advertising needs.
- Databases – Using a computer application to manage large amounts of information, including creating and editing simple databases, inputting data, retrieving specific records, and creating reports to communicate the information.
- Graphics – Working with pictures in graphics programs or other applications, including creating simple graphics, manipulating the appearance, and inserting graphics into other programs.
- Internet – Using a computer application to create, manipulate, edit, and show virtual slide presentations.
- Navigation – Using scroll bars, a mouse, and dialog boxes to work within the computer’s operating system. Being able to access and switch between applications and files of interest.
- Presentations – Navigating the Internet to find information, including the ability to open and configure standard browsers; use searches, hypertext references, and transfer protocols; and send and retrieve electronic mail (e-mail).
- Spreadsheets – Using a computer application to enter, manipulate, and format text and numerical data; insert, delete, and manipulate cells, rows, and columns; and create and save worksheets, charts, and graphs.
- Word Processing – Using a computer application to type text, insert pictures, format, edit, print, save, and retrieve word processing documents
Qualifications and Skills
- Bachelor’s degree from four-year college or university; or Associate degree and a minimum of two years related experience and/or training; or equivalent combination of education and experience.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills.
- Strong organizational and analytical skills.
- Ability to provide efficient, timely, reliable, and courteous service to customers and brokers.
- Ability to effectively present information.
- Requires knowledge of financial terms and principles.
- Conducts basic financial analysis.
- Requires intermediate analytical and quantitative skills.
- Ability to handle and manipulate large amounts of data.
- Ability to work in a fast-paced environment, multi-task and meet deadlines
- Candidate should be able to work with little supervision, by problem-solving using strong written and verbal communication skills
- Ability to multi-task, prioritize and be flexible with changing business needs in a team environment
- Have great attention to detail and be extremely organized
- Ability to understand and maneuver through customer relationship management (CRM) software
- Proficient in MS Office Applications (Word, Excel, and PowerPoint), Adobe Acrobat, in addition to Google apps such as Gmail, Insightly, Google Drive, Sheets, Docs and Slides
Compensation: $11-15 per hour (depending on qualifications)
Status: Full time
Hours: 8:30 am – 5:30 pm
Join the fastest growing retail real estate brokerage group around! Download our Employment Application to find out more about current opportunities.
Click the PDF icon
Complete the form and submit