Houston, TX | Office Administrator
Retail Solutions is currently seeking an Office Administrator for the Houston office. The Office Administrator is responsible for the administration and broker support of the commercial real estate sales office. In this position, the Office Administrator will play a key hands-on role in coordinating the marketing, listing, sales, and closings of properties.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
- Manage all aspects of listings including: process listings, sales and closings, audit and maintain related records of listings, contracts, and closings, review files to make certain that all necessary documents and approvals are included, gather and communicate information for settlements
- Manage and support all property marketing activity for the local office including new listings into listing services, company website, coordinate property photos, sign, and the timely design and editing of all flier orders (and revisions)
- Supervise the schedule, and oversee the task management, for a team of 1-2 employees
- Support employees and independent contractors with on-boarding and processing upon affiliation including phone and other office systems and programs
- Obtain necessary approvals for all transaction invoices prior to release for payment and submit to the accounting department, and process expense reports
- Complete all office administration tasks, including general, office and business supply orders, equipment maintenance, preparation and processing of new affiliation paperwork and licenses, maintain files and oversee general office appearance and repair issues.
- Maintain a positive and friendly attitude for managing first impressions of all guests and clients visiting the local office and answering phone calls
- Databases – Using a computer application to manage large amounts of information, including creating and editing simple databases, inputting data, retrieving specific records, and creating reports to communicate the information.
- Graphics – Working with pictures in graphics programs or other applications, including creating simple graphics, manipulating the appearance, and inserting graphics into other programs.
- Internet – Using a computer application to create, manipulate, edit, and show virtual slide presentations.
- Navigation – Using scroll bars, a mouse, and dialog boxes to work within the computer’s operating system. Being able to access and switch between applications and files of interest.
- Presentations – Navigating the Internet to find information, including the ability to open and configure standard browsers; use searches, hypertext references, and transfer protocols; and send and retrieve electronic mail (e-mail).
- Spreadsheets – Using a computer application to enter, manipulate, and format text and numerical data; insert, delete, and manipulate cells, rows, and columns; and create and save worksheets, charts, and graphs.
- Word Processing – Using a computer application to type text, insert pictures, format, edit, print, save, and retrieve word processing
- A minimum of 3 + years experience in Commercial Real Estate preferred.
- Bachelor’s degree from four-year college or university; or Associate degree and a minimum of two years related experience and/or training; or equivalent combination of education and experience.
- Basic math skills which include addition, subtraction, multiplication, division, percentage, fractions and the ability to calculate commissions, interests, and discounts
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills.
- Ability to provide efficient, timely, reliable, and courteous service to customers and brokers.
- Ability to effectively present information.
- Requires knowledge of financial terms and principles.
- Ability to work in a fast-paced environment, multi-task and meet deadlines.
- Candidate should be able to work with little supervision, by problem-solving using strong written and verbal communication skills.
- Ability to multi-task, prioritize and be flexible with changing business needs in a team environment.
- Have great attention to detail and be extremely organized.
- Ability to understand and maneuver through customer relationship management (CRM) software.
- Proficient in MS Office Applications (Word, Excel, and PowerPoint), Adobe Acrobat, in addition to Google apps such as Gmail, Insightly, Google Drive, Sheets, Docs and Slides.
Join the fastest growing retail real estate brokerage group around! Download our Employment Application to find out more about current opportunities.
Click the PDF icon
Complete the form and submit